- Serving as President, COO, or General Manager, successfully executed both revenue and cost based turn arounds of several consumer products companies.
- Supporting the owners as Chief Operating Officer, managed the rapid growth of emerging companies while building financial strength and developing appropriate management teams.
- Directed the capital budgeting and asset financing of rapidly growing $450mil. diet products company.
- Launched brands, companies, and products to new markets in sporting goods and other consumer products companies.
- Built and re-built organizations to meet new challenges in changing environments.
Principal/Founder: Monterey bay Consulting Group
1976 to Present
A general management consulting firm providing transition management services to small to medium sized emerging companies.
General Manager: Lotus Designs, Inc.
2001 – 2004
Integration of acquisition to Patagonia, Inc. and train staff to continue success.
General Manager: Scott Fly Rod Company 1999 – 2000
Cost based turn around for manufacturer/distributor of premium fly rods.
V.P. Operations: Dash America (dba) Pearl Izumi
1998 – 1999
Overhauled operations organization in concert with outsourcing all garment manufacture.
President: Jeffrey Gray Fine Furniture Co., Inc.
1995 – 1998
Created and launched custom contract fine furniture manufacturing company.
General Manager: Tomas Jewelry Co.
1992 – 1994
Revenue based turn around of bridge jewelry importer/distributor. Implemented EDI in support of creating distribution with major national retailers.
Chief Operating Officer, General Manager: Yakima Products
1984 – 1990
Cost based turn around and rapid growth management of manufacturer/distributor of multi-sport car top carriers. Over five years of leadership took company from $1.5 mil. to $20.0 mil. in sales.
Director of Capital Budgets: Cambridge Plan International
Analyzed and secured financing for over $50 million in capital acquisitions. Then participated in its liquidation in the following year.
Manufacturing Director: Micropump
Directed all product manufacture through the consolidation of three product divisions.
Senior Consultant: KPMG (Peat, Marwick, Mitchell & Co)
General human resources consulting services for clients
Graduate Studies Economics Sacramento State University 1971-1973
BA Economics Sacramento State University 1971
AA Social Science Sacramento City College 1970